Friday 7 February 2014

The fog

It is not the fog outside that is hampering my progress, although going out in the freezing fog is not that appealing! But the brain fog. One of the issues with Hypermobile EDS is tiredness. Which sounds a bit pathetic doesn't it? I mean everyone gets tired. I have a 5 year old sleep terrorist so I am permanently at some level of tiredness but when EDS tiredness hits it is on a different level.

This week it hit, I can only describe as being a bit like when you have flu, you  know when everything aches, and you are just so exhausted you could happily cry. Even the thought of actually walking upstairs to go to bed is a bit much of an effort and you think twice about having a drink of water because lifting the glass just seems like an impossible task. So once C has been in bed this week I have barely moved off the sofa, tea has been drunk and not much else has been achieved.

I have stuck to my 30 minutes a day but this has mostly been walking and I really need to up my game. Food wise has not been too bad have resisted the extremely strong urge to survive off toast and toast alone.

On Monday I did venture off the sofa and have a clear out of clothes - I have a vac pack of stuff that is a wee bit too tight, it will be opened at the end of April and my word it had better fit!

So the moral of the story is I need to man up, I genuinely think if I can push myself to be more active through the day I will be less tired at night, if I can strengthen my muscles it will not be as much of an effort to hold everything in place. That's the plan anyway - I'll keep you updated!

Please give me a kick and make sure I move my bahooki!

10 comments:

  1. Poor you, extreme tiredness is just awful, now move that bahook (you wanted a kick!) thanks for linking up and hope the EDS eases soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah hunni, I wish I could tell you to man up......but all I want to do is sleep at the moment too! C'mon we'll man up together xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you are feeling more energised xx

      Delete
  3. You have MFPals kicking you left right and centre, I hope you don't bruise easily. ;) Stay strong hun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha I do bruise easy,watch where you are kicking lol

      Delete
  4. I've been low on spoons myself this week, not helped by it being a really rough one at work (you've done well with the toast, I've skipped a few meals week). Skipped running group due to being so knackered. I did manage to run a mile to Pilates and back but that's all.

    I just discovered your blog. I've spent the last couple years strengthening muscles after a time when I'd been walking a lot for work. Walking isn't good for me, everything goes out of alignment too easily (I do walk a lot including to work and back but after walking 6 hours a day for a month I couldn't even do that). Then I discovered running. I never thought I'd be able to run but as the physio explained, my muscles fire more, holding me in alignment better. Who knew?

    I've discovered a whole range of new injuries to have, but it's been a fun challenge fixing myself every time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for the delay, thanks for the comment. It's always fun to discover new injuries ;-) hope you have more spoons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would go along with some things - certainly keep to your diary as as you possibly can, because I know you will plan a nutritionally sound one. But just be prepared to alter your workout, just in case you need to for medical reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers missus, yeah don't worry. I'll be sensible just not just giving up x

      Delete