Tuesday 25 August 2015

A new adventure

Well, as is evident from my lack of blogging, things have not gone well! I have been out of running action for 8 months and it would appear it is the end of my very short lived love affair with running. My left knee became more hypermobile, though the physio thought it was something else. Anyway it is stabilized more now but I am on a strict no running regime. Added to the fact that my right knee obviously felt very left out by all of the attention has decided to follow suit, the pain of running is just not worth the benefit, who knows though never say never....

So obstacle course races are now very much out of the equation. To be honest for the last 8 months I have done not very much at all, and I have not enjoyed it. I feel rubbish, I am the size of a small house it can not continue.

The future is low impact.... yep the thought bores me to death. But I have started going swimming once a week, what else though? Walking and cycling are in so that is good. But lets be honest they are not very exciting are they?

So my new adventure is to try some different stuff, it may not always work out and it may not always strictly fit into the low impact category, but I will work within my limits.

What's next then? Gymnastics was my first love, and bizarrely handstands, cartwheels, bridges etc don't cause any pain, I guess my body is so used to doing them that it just naturally accommodates. C's gymnastic club has started a grown up session, a circuit based work out involving a bit of apparatus work and hopefully a good laugh, I am in (well once the ligaments in my wrist recover).

Other stuff I want to try: Street dancing, pole dancing, jiving (are you sensing a theme yet), parkour, horse riding, rock climbing (don't think my fingers will hold up though), circus skills, surfing......

But I'd like your suggestions, what do you love to do? or what have you always fancied doing but never done?

No comments:

Post a Comment